Wednesday, 6 April 2011

The final stretch


We it's now only 11 days away & to be honest I can't wait. I enjoy the physical effort of running & have done some well organised runs, however I am getting fed up with the endless hours spent on the road or at the gym.

My knee is an area of concern & I ran the Dartford 10 miler with my knee brace on. It looks worse than it is, but does prevent my knee doing any movement it shouldn't. As Dartford was a hilly route I wore it as a precaution. It's not the uphill that hurts, it's the downhill that kills me.


The Bionic Man!!

I'm off to Yorkshire this weekend & on Saturday I shall do my last run, which will be between 8 to 10 miles. I will take it carefully & then that's it all my running will be done until London. I will then have a week off before I continue to run for Edinburgh, which is 5 weeks later. That will be my last Marathon ever!!! I will do the occaision 10k, 10 miler or half marathons BUT NOTHING LONGER!!

The Dartford 10 miler was a challenging route & I wasn't on good form. I was actually 20 mins slower than the last 10 miler I did a month ago. However if I maintained the same speed I would break the 6 hour barrier for the marathon & I'm happy with that. To be brutally honest, I'm just happy finishing!!

The Dartford 10 miler

1 comment:

  1. I admire your determination - well done Phil.

    ReplyDelete