Sunday, 10 April 2011

My final pre Marthon Run

Well this time next week, it should all be over. The endless miles I've pounded out on the streets & hours spent in the gym should hopefully make it all worthwhile as I 'fly round' (well I'm entitled to a little bit of journalistic license aren't I??).

On Saturday we went to Yorkshire to stay with my in-laws, but I needed to do one final run. As my reader will know I've been troubled with a knee injury, but decided that I would run, how I intend to run on the day, no big knee support & just relying on strapping.

I also decided that I would run by listening to my body & not as I have been by relying on my pulse monitor.

Near Carols parents is an old disused railway line, which being an old track must be flat...... you'd like to think so!!

The run its self was uneventful & to be brutally honest, was my best run since the Canterbury 10 miler back in February.

I can do no more preparation now, I wish in hindsight I had done more, but I suppose all the runners feel like this??

This week I am not even going to the gym, I am having a leg massage on Thursday from Cameron & then Friday going to register, get my race number & my timing chip……. Sunday will soon be here!!

I thought railway lines were flat??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment